Guests just can’t get enough of Chef Becky’s new Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble–her latest addition to our sweets menu. She let us in on her go-to recipe for making a similar, two-person version at home so that you can whip one up when that sweet tooth strikes!
ROASTED STRAWBERRY CRUMBLE RECIPE
– ROASTED STRAWBERRIES –
1/2 LB. Fresh Strawberries, quartered
1/4 cup Sugar
.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
– STREUSEL TOPPING –
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
½ tsp Cinnamon
¼ tsp Allspice
½ tsp Salt
3 Tbsp Medium Brown sugar, packed
¼ cup Granulated Sugar
6 oz (1½ sticks) Unsalted Butter, cold and cut into cubes
**Makes more topping than needed! Store in a zip-lock bag in the freezer or refrigerator so you always have some on hand when the craving hits.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place strawberries, 1/4 C sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Fold with spatula to evenly coat, then divide mixture between two small oven-safe dishes (I use 7-oz Corning Ware ramekins).
3. To assemble the streusel, combine dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
4. Cut in butter until the mixture looks mealy and crumbly. Do not overmix.
5. Top each of your strawberry-filled dishes with 3 Tbsp of Streusel.
6. Bake at 350º for 15-20 minutes (until filling bubbles and strawberries are tender).
7. Top with an additional 1 Tbsp of Streusel and bake for 5 more minutes.
Chef Becky tops the Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble at Searsucker with a light and refreshing mint ice cream to balance out the sweetness. Grab a spoon and your favorite scoop or dollop of whip, and dig in!