Super Bowl Sausage Dip
Team Pats? Team Rams? Whoever you’re rooting for this Sunday, it goes without saying that we’re all on Team Snacks.
Whether you’re watching the game from the couch this year or heading to a friend’s house, a long day of football, new commercials and Maroon 5 is going to require some hearty munchies. Take a cue from Gaslamp’s Chef Santanna–she and her Dad have been making this fool-proof Super Bowl snack every year, for as long as she can remember:
– 1 ½ lbs. Jimmy Dean’s Sausage (Santanna’s dad says, “can’t use anything else, or it’ll taste like crap”)
– 7 lbs. Philadelphia Cream Cheese (Santanna’s tip: get the massive tub from Costco)
– 1 Jar Pace Picante Sauce (mild, medium or hot depending on how spicy you’re feelin’)
– 1 Small Can Diced Rotel Tomatoes
– 1 Small Can Diced Green Chiles
Brown sausage in a pan until cooked through. Mix cooked sausage with remaining ingredients into a large crock pot, and cook on low for 2-3 hours (the longer you keep it in there, the better it tastes).
Serve straight from the crock with tortilla chips for scoopin’ and ice cold beers to wash it all down.